Breast Reduction – "Scar-less" / Liposuction Breast Reduction
Baxt CosMedical® is considered the innovators in the "Scar-less" Breast Reduction and is located in Paramus, New Jersey*. BAXT CosMedical® is a nationwide and historically a worldwide center known for the “Scar-less” Breast Reduction technique*. Dr. Sherwood Baxt and Dr. Shwetambara Parakh have patients from all over the world come for “Scar-less” Breast Reductions*. In fact, Dr. Sherwood Baxt has published an article and a clinical outcome study on the effectiveness of the “scar-less” liposuction procedure for the properly selected patients*. (Read the American Society of Plastic Surgery articles and outcome study). Dr. Baxt also appeared on ABC’s Good Morning America with a “scar-less” breast reduction patient*. The segment discussed the patient’s challenges with having large breasts and her journey.
Click here to view the Breast Reduction Before & After gallery. Please note, the Before & After gallery features images containing partial nudity. These images are intended to serve as examples of the results of breast reduction surgery, which may vary with different patients.
Why Breast Reduction Surgery?
Results may vary on different patients.
Breast reduction surgery is one of the most common plastic surgery procedures, according to American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. In 2014, more than 114,000 women underwent the procedure — a 183% increase since 1997.
Women elect to have breast reduction surgery to:
- Alleviate neck and back pain
- Relieve constant skin irritation
- Improve body image
- Improve ability to exercise and participate in activities
Today, a large number of women who have rejected the "traditional" breast reduction have a wonderful option. To understand this revolutionary and innovative procedure, women must know what it is replacing as explained below and in Drs. Sherwood Baxt and Shwetambara Parakh videos.
What is Traditional Breast Reduction Surgery?
The "traditional breast" reduction has been performed by plastic surgeons for over 50 years! It is an excellent operation, that helps relieve the problems of back neck and breast pain due to the excessive weight of the breast.
Some of the major disadvantages to patients are as follows:
- Patients have extensive scars. They may heal but they are always there and in some patients, can be very noticeable. The scars will usually "mature" or reach their final form in 1-2 years.
- Scarring is of particular concern on African-American or Hispanic skin.
- Alterations in the sensation of the nipple and areola can occur due to the extensive cutting into the breast tissue that is necessary.
What is the “Scar-less” Breast Reduction/Liposuction*?
Drs. Sherwood Baxt and Shwetambara Parakh explain to patients the differences and advantages of the “scar-less” breast reduction as compared to the traditional breast reduction surgical procedure*.
The major “scar-less” breast reduction advantages are as follows*:
- The “scar-less” breast reduction procedure is performed in Baxt CosMedical’s® certified surgery center*.
- The patient undergoes twilight sleep anesthesia, plus local anesthesia.
- There is little or no pain during the postoperative period.
- Patients are encouraged to resume full activity as soon as they feel up to it.
- The scar is about ¼ inch, in the fold under the breast. This is where the cannula for the liposuction is introduced.
How is a “Scar-less” Breast Reduction/Liposuction Performed*?
Results may vary on different patients.
Remember, the female breast is composed of at least 50% fat by the age of 35. Liposuction, with special instruments, will remove fatty tissue but not the firmer glandular tissue. After surgery, the skin shows a dramatic degree of shrinkage, with the nipple / areola often rising 1-2 inches once fully healed.
Baxt CosMedical’s® experienced plastic surgeons advise patients that the “scar-less” breast reduction operation provides a significant lift in most patients, but the amount of lift is determined by the patient's elastic skin characteristics, not skin removal. This allows the operation to function without scars*.
Another excellent feature of the “scar-less” surgery is its use in "asymmetry". This is a condition were the two breasts are different sizes. As this is often present in the young patient, we are especially pleased to be able to offer this operation to adjust the size.
BAXT CosMedical® Other Breast Enhancement Options
If breast reduction surgery does not seem like the correct fit for you, follow the links below to learn about the other breast procedure options we offer at BAXT CosMedical®.
*Results may vary for different patients and are not guaranteed.