Laser Treatments in Paramus, NJ
BAXT CosMedical® offers advanced laser technology for men and women looking to address a variety of cosmetic and medical dermatological needs.
Our latest laser is the GentleMax Pro®, a dual wavelength laser platform that safely and effectively:
- Removes unwanted or excess hair in all skin types, including skin of color
- Treats diffuse redness and broken blood vessels, including rosacea
- Treats pigmented lesions
- Removes benign keratoses (black, or brown growth on the back, shoulders, chest, or face)
- Removes hyperpigmentation and sun spots on the face and body
- Restores skin damaged by the sun
GentleMax Pro® laser is an excellent laser to address a variety of facial aging and other cosmetic dermatological concerns and is the “gold standard” for the removal of unwanted hair. The GentleMax Pro®’s YAG laser is safe and effective in removing hair in all skin types.
What Can I Expect During My GentleMax Pro® Laser Hair Removal Treatment Sessions?
During your hair removal treatment session, Dr. Rebecca Baxt directs a controlled amount of heat at the targeted hair roots. The GentleMax Pro® Dynamic Cooling Device™ technology protects the upper layers of your skin by a short bursts of cooling spray, so the surface of your skin is not affected by the laser treatment.
The treatment time varies based on the area(s) being treated. Multiple treatment sessions are necessary due the fact that at any given time, a certain percentage of hairs are in the “resting” phase so the laser treatment does not work on these hairs. Subsequent treatments can be done as soon as further hair growth appears which are typically spaced 4 to 6 weeks apart to achieve optimal hair removal and reduction.
What Can I Expect During My GentleMax Pro® Laser Cosmetic and Medical Dermatological Facial Renewal Treatment Sessions?
The GentleMax Pro® laser is used on select patients to treat a variety of skin aging, cosmetic, and medical dermatological concerns including the following:
- For patients with diffuse sun damage on their face, neck, chest and arms, a series of GentleMax Pro® treatments may be recommended to achieve optimal results. The process is similar to the laser hair removal treatment with Dr. Baxt taking care not to disrupt the patient’s natural or underlying pigmentation.
- For patients who want to remove unwanted brown sun damage spots and benign keratosis, the GentleMax Pro® may be used to effectively remove these spots without scarring. Some spots may require more than one treatment.
- Patients with redness and broken blood vessels on the cheeks, nose and chin may be a good candidate for the GentleMax Pro® laser treatment systems. The laser works by reducing the broken blood vessels which improves the appearance of facial redness. Multiple treatments may be needed; it may take up to 4 weeks to fully resolve.
All lasers have some minimal discomfort level due to the heat source being used, but the GentleMax Pro® has a unique cooling technology. Before each pulse of heat, the laser’s patented “Dynamic Cooling Device” (DCD) is used to cool the area being treated.
The DCD sprays a cooling burst of cryogen on the skin to ensure the treatment is comfortable. Dr. Rebecca Baxt precisely sets the laser parameters to treat to your condition and laser light is administered in a targeted grid-like pattern. Your total appointment time will vary depending on your dermatological concern(s) and how many areas are being treated.
Dr. Rebecca Baxt will discuss your concerns, exam your skin and recommend an appropriate laser or light source treatment.