Facial Fillers… What Are They And How To Get Natural – Looking Results
Season 1 Episode 5 – May 20, 2022 | Listen to podcast
Dr. Rebecca Baxt is a board-certified dermatologist who provides excellence in cosmetic and medical dermatological services. At her Paramus, New Jersey cosmetic and medical dermatology practice, BAXT CosMedical®, offers advanced cosmetic facial rejuvenation procedures, including, BOTOX® Cosmetic, facial fillers, laser and light source technologies, medical dermatology, and skin care services.
- Dr. Rebecca Baxt specializes in cosmetic dermatology, is board certified by the American Board of Dermatology and she is a certified injection specialist who has performed thousands of injections.
- Dr. Rebecca Baxt is experienced in injection techniques and is a certified trainer for Allergan, Inc., an AbbVie company for their cosmetic facial rejuvenation products, including BOTOX® Cosmetic, JUVÉDERM®, JUVÉDERM Voluma® XC, JUVÉDERM Volbella® XC, and Kybella®.
- Advanced FDA-approved dermal fillers are an extremely popular cosmetic, non-surgical facial rejuvenation and anti-aging treatment for both men and women. Dr. Rebecca Baxt offers a wide variety of facial fillers. A customized plan will be recommended by Dr. Baxt to help you achieve your cosmetic rejuvenation goals. Learn more about the different types of fillers.
- Dermal Fillers are injected into the face in various locations to restore volume that has been lost to aging. Learn more about Liquid Facelift.
- Fillers add volume to sagging skin to restore your facial contour.
- Fillers reduce lines, wrinkles, and creases in your face.
- Fillers plump up lips and cheeks.
- Fillers plumps up hands and restore lost volume.
IMPORTANT TAKE-AWAY POINT:
Skill and artistic vision is necessary to properly inject a dermal filler for natural results. You want an experienced and trained injector, not someone who takes a weekend course, or injects in a salon, gym, or home. FDA-approved injectables are best performed by a licensed board-certified dermatologist with expertise in the art of cosmetic medicine and NOT a nurse, physician’s assistant (PA), dentist, or other type of non-cosmetic doctor.
Adult Female Hormonal Acne
Season 1, Episode 3 – April 27, 2022 | Listen to podcast
Dr. Rebecca Baxt is a board-certified dermatologist who has completed extensive education and clinical training, as well as specialized training in her areas of expertise. At her Paramus, New Jersey premier facility, BAXT CosMedical®, Dr. Baxt provides medical dermatology and advanced non-surgical skin rejuvenation services.
Acne is one of the most common skin conditions in the United States, affecting upwards of 50 million Americans yearly. Dr. Baxt treats all types of acne and acne scarring for a range of patients, including adolescents and adults.
- While it is true that almost 90% of teenagers do suffer from one type of acne or another, adult women, too, are commonly afflicted with acne.
- Acne can affect all sexes, ages, and ethnicities.
- The four main types of acne are comedonal, inflammatory, cystic, and hormonal acne.
- One of the main causes of adult female acne is hormones. (Read Dr. Baxt’s interview in Parade Magazine)
- Adult female acne classically presents as cystic, which are red, firm, hard bumps. It appears on the cheeks and the jawline and oftentimes even down onto the neck.
- Hormonal acne can be treated with oral medications or WINLEVI®, a new hormonal cream recently approved by the FDA.
- There are a number of non-invasive therapies including, Intense Pulsed Light, Photodynamic Therapy, Smoothbeam Laser, and Isolaz® used to treat acne breakouts.
- The goal of treatment is to address the root cause of the acne to kill bacteria, unclog pores, and to control hormonal breakouts.
- Contrary to popular belief, foods are not the major cause of acne, although in select patients there can be a food sensitivity.
- Acne scars are fairly common and can be softened and improved with rejuvenation procedures including, advanced dermal fillers, PRP, lasers/light treatments, skincare products, chemical peels and Fraxel® laser.
A precise diagnosis and a customized acne treatment plan is needed to effectively and optimally treat and control acne. To learn more about diagnosis and treatment of acne, Visit BAXT CosMedical®.