5 Tips for Clearer Skin While Wearing a Mask:
Do you have acne? Have you noticed increased acne flare-ups with wearing a mask? IT’S REAL and people are suffering from Maskne. Acne prone patients often break out from pressure, as well as sweat and heat. All of those factors come into play when wearing a mask for a long period of time-heat, sweat, and pressure. Unfortunately, it’s a perfect storm for acne.
While we are adjusting to our “new normal” and finding that wearing a mask in public is advisable, how do you stay safe, avoid suffering from maskne, and minimize or combat acne problems? Here’s my 5 tips to keep your skin clear while wearing a mask!
1. Wear a Clean Mask: Hopefully at this point, you have access to a clean mask. If it is washable, make sure it is a soft fabric, and wash with mild detergent.
2. Wash Your Face: Wash your face twice a day with a mild cleanser, or an anti-acne cleanser if you can tolerate it. These usually have either salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide.
3. Use an Acne Cream Overnight:Apply an anti-acne cream overnight as long as you are not allergic to them. Examples include over the counter salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, or sulfur treatments.
4. Do not pick: Do Not pick at your acne. That will make the marks and scars worse and does not solve the problem!
5. See your Doctor: If you are not having success, schedule an appointment with a Board-Certified Dermatologist to discuss prescription creams, oral antibiotics if necessary, or low dose steroid injections.
View more acne treatment patients
At BAXT CosMedical® there are solutions for acne and acne scarring!
We offer all types of acne treatments that fit any budget: creams, pills, chemical peels, Intense Pulsed Light, Photodynamic Therapy, and Smoothbeam Laser.
Also, I recommend using medical grade skin care products for acne prone skin. View my video and select from our medical grade line-up of skincare products
If you have any questions or if you would like to schedule a consultation to discuss your acne treatment options, please call us at 201-265-1300 or fill out the contact form below.